Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Crafting Fail

So tonight my friend Carrie came over to craft. We both had new projects- and three hours later they are still considerably new. I mean, this is how far I have gotten in my knitting:



All I wanted was a practice piece, but I couldn't even get past the casting on.... I will give in and youtube this tomorrow. 

Carrie's project was a lot more intense- it involved a sewing machine- and was a toddler dress from Freshly Picked
The end result was supposed to resemble this: 




So far, we have a fabric tube:





And a future sundress!




I am very proud of her for working so hard despite all the project obstacles (we both have a little fear of sewing machines!). I obviously gave up and ate too much candy. 







 I hope that my knitting skills can improve soon.... at this rate I'll have maybe 1/2 a scarf this winter. And maybe someday I will overcome my sewing machine fear to be an expert sewer(?) like Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment